Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ride of the Valkyries

There's a radio station in my head. This morning when I woke up I heard "Ride of the Valkyries" in my head. My heart was pumping wildly. I put my hands over my ears and tried to think of some other melody.

Then my thoughts wandered off to the next task of the day. We need to sell the truck but can't find the title. If we get to the Secretary of State office early there won't be a long wait.

Sometimes I sing or think of songs when I'm trying to get motivated to get out of bed in the morning. Usually it's disco tunes like "Get Up and Boogie" or some other happy dance tune. As I got into the shower hounded by Valkyries shrieking in my head I started singing "Get Down Tonight" by KC and the Sunshine Band to chase them away. "...'cause that's the way uh-huh uh-huh I like it, uh-huh uh-huh..."

Then I looked online and found that the Secretary of State office doesn't open 'til 11am today. I'll shut up now and let Alfonse sleep in a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment