Saturday, March 10, 2007

American Cancer Society

This morning I finally got some of our furniture and equipment listed on Craigslist.org. I'm a little behind schedule with selling this off and donating household items. I wanted to make sure I got those things listed before this weekend's web surfers started browsing Craigslist. Then I listed the truck at AutoTrader.com. We had some response about the truck from the Craigslist ad last week, but it hasn't sold yet. The truck is the biggest ticket item I have to sell before moving.

After lunch I started putting together items to donate to the American Cancer Society's "Discovery Shop" in Sylvania, Ohio. I already had a lot of items collected that I forgot to take on Thursday. I was amazed at how long it actually took to physically get the stuff piled up, boxed up, and loaded into the truck. It took all afternoon. I got to the "Discovery Shop" 1/2 hour before closing.

When I got home I found some plates in the kitchen I was going to donate. Whoops! Looks like I'll be getting another load together. Maybe I can find a charity closer to home. It takes about 1/2 hour to drive to Sylvania.

Alfonse started packing his workshop. He said that he worked on it all day and it didn't even look like he put a dent in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment